Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crocheting.. the new Hobby

The last few months I have taken up crocheting, and it has been down hill since there. I have barely got a day without crocheting - and my crocheting hobby focuses on everything from stuffed dolls to blankets and hats. I am addicted to the freedom that crochet gives me that I never got from knitting. While I also sew, and have a sewing machine, I have never been the biggest fan of this art form. It may be only because my mother's sewing machine hates me - but I believe its all the measuring. I get my freedom with crochet.
The first project I did was for booties for my dog. With a long winter, the cold spring mud was hurting my dog's feet so practicing my crochet on his booties worked great.

With the second/third class we learned how to crochet Granny Squares. This was not the safest things to teach me. I ran quickly with the simple quick Granny Squares and made a small soft children's blanket. I have no clue what I am going to do with this blanket - but it might just end up in for sale either at a tag sale, or a craft fair. I am thinking about using etsy.com - which is one of my biggest addictions - but I am horrible at mailing things.

Maybe if I had stuck to blankets my addiction wouldn't have gone south - but I didn't. During the 5th class, when Heather(the best friend) was not about, I made my first 'chick'. Small round ball like chicks that I just want to cuddle and love. Heather says it is really a Kerby. What's your opinion?

This hobby has gotten out of hand! I have made a Bombomb, a Rabbit, A Guinea Pig... I have made two or three cats, and I am making 3 rabbits for my mothers best friend (money money money). It close me 37 dollars in yarn (but I am not using all the yarn per a doll), and I will be making 50 dollars off the rabbits. Completely Excitable.

The Rabbit

The Bombomb

Jeebus the Guinea Pig


While I am doing the Rabbits I had to put a blanket I am working on on hold, sadly, and here is the blanket so far. The pattern is easy and hard at the same time - you have to make sure you are doing it right, but it is not hard to do. I do believe that I will be keeping it when I am done with it. At some point I will have to go back to working on a knitted blanket for my best friend, but I don't want to leave crocheting. It is very very evil.

The day is coming to an end, and my short story is calling. After I get a few paragraphs down I will be going to live on SIMs 3 for a few hours before passing out. Hopefully sleep will come to me before six in the morning. Must cross fingers!

1 comment: